Profile of Anesthetic
Provides anesthesia technician services to patients under the direct supervision of a licensed anesthesia care provider designated by the client facility, in accordance with state regulations.
- Cleans, sterilizes, disinfects, orders/stocks and maintains routine anesthesia equipment and supplies.
- Maintain anesthesia medications, supplies and equipment according to needs and schedules.
- Cleans, organizes and maintains anesthesia workroom, supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and maintain patient monitoring devices and anesthesia delivery systems pre, intra and post anesthesia and with consideration and knowledge of age-specific issues related to meeting the needs of the various patient groups.
- Perform basic trouble shooting for monitors and equipment and reports defective equipment and equipment malfunctions appropriately/immediately.
- Maintain established departmental policies, procedures, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Documents and maintains preventative maintenance and quality records.
- Assists with transport of patients and laboratory specimens as necessary.
- Ability to travel between facilities or other treatment locations as necessary.
- Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and permitted by the policies and procedures of Supplemental Health Care, and other local, state, and federal guidelines; and the policies of the facility requesting the services.
- Certain units and settings, require special training, skills and proven competency, in addition to the usual skills of the Anesthesia Technician. Only Anesthesia Technicians with documentation of the appropriate skills and certifications assigned to these areas.
- Promotes effective working relationships with anesthesia department staff and works collaboratively with RN circulators, Surgical Technicians, Service Technicians and Equipment Technicians.