Profile of Medical Physicist
- Participating in the provision of Radiotherapy Physics services including routine external beam treatment planning, routine brachytherapy treatments planning, patient in-vivo dosimetry checks and quality assurance of the advanced Radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and diagnostic equipment.
- To produce external beam treatment plans both routine and complex, and effectively liaise with Radiation Oncologists and radiation therapists.
- To participate in the performance of effective radiation dosimetry for all aspects of radiotherapy, i.e. treatment planning, machine dosimetry and brachytherapy.
- Participating in the performance of dosimetric verification of IMRT and RapidArc treatment plans.
- Participating in the treatment planning and dosimetry of special treatment techniques such as TBI, TSEI, SRS, SBRT, etc.
- Participating in the Performance and check source calibration and quality assurance on new brachytherapy sources.
- Assisting in the performance of calibration measurement and readout of in-vivo diodes, MOSFETs, thermo luminescent dosimeters or EPID based dosimetry used dose measurements during a patient’s treatment.
- To participate in the performance of regular quality assurance measurements for all equipment in Radiotherapy including High Energy Linear Accelerators, HDR Brachytherapy equipment, Siemens CT simulator, Acuity Simulator and Eclipse Treatment Planning System.
- To participate in the Duty Treatment Planning, Duty Physics and Bachytherapy rotas.
- To participate in the development of new treatment techniques for patients undergoing external beam radiotherapy and brachytherapy treatments.